Monday, April 15, 2013

The Cognos Report Toolkit - Make crosstab header looks like list column header


General note about The Cognos Report Toolkit
Report specification:  Relational, DMR, and Cube


Requirement

Below is a cross tab with column header. This solution is very useful for a complicated crosstab.



Layout


Step 1: Create normal cross tab as below, sorted by year

Step 2: Drag a cross space under revenue


Step 3: Drag Cross space to Crosstab the left of the first crosstab space


Step 4: unlock cell and make text item for titles

Step 5: Highlight cells and make define contents as Yes

Step 6: Drag query item Year into cell

Step 7: Select the first row, or original header and define box Type as None

Query
All three queries for relational, DMR and Cube are very similar.

2 comments:

  1. Hi to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more from this website, and your views are good designed for
    new users.

    Here is my web site Michael Kors Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for some other informative site.
    Where else may just I am getting that type of info written in such an
    ideal manner? I have a project that I am simply now working on,
    and I've been at the look out for such information.


    Here is my blog post :: 百家乐玩法 - www.cdlfz.com,

    ReplyDelete